HOPE's Prescription Application Program
H.O.P.E.'s Prescription Application Assistance Program (PAAP) assists citizens of Cherokee County, in obtaining prescription medications.
Directed at persons on fixed income or SS, SSI, SSDI, the PAAP program provides free medicine through a co-operative effort of HOPE, pharmaceutical companies, doctors and pharmacies. There are no age requirements to participate in the program.
If you think you may qualify for the program, before making an appointment with HOPE, you should have the following items, if they apply to you.
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Supplemental Insurance Card and Health Insurance Card
- Your last Income Tax Return Form (1040)
- Current checking and/or saving account statement
- Verification of any and all income List of medication (bring bottles if possible)
- Estimate of your monthly cost for prescription drugs
- Estimate of monthly household expenses (utilities, rent, food, mortgage, etc.)
- Contact the local Health and Human Services Department to see if you qualify for Medicaid, QMB (Qualified Medicare Beneficiary) or SLMB (Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary). Call 903-586-7626 and ask for the DADS Department (Department of Aged and Disabled Services).
- A determination letter from DHS is mandatory